I haven’t had a lot of time to post lately for one reason or another. That kinda sucks. But here are my random thoughts for today:
- The Dodgers turned MLB’s first 2-5-4-3 triple playin over 130 years. Here’s what went down: San Diego’s Jesus Guzman tried to bunt with runners on first and second. Javy Guerra’s pitch went high and inside, and hit Guzman’s bat as he was trying to dodge the pitch. The ball landed foul, but with the spin on the ball it rolled into fair territory. The ball was alertly picked up by catcher A.J. Ellis and was thrown around the bases and all bases tagged. The Padres’ baserunners did not attempt to advance because the umpire threw his hands up in the air which they took as a signal that he had ruled the ball foul. My interpretation of the play is that the ump was just trying to get out of the catcher’s way. The Padres think they got screwed and they do have a legitimate complaint, however if they had played through until the umps made their official call like they were supposed to then the triple play could have been avoided. That’s what the Dodgers did and it paid off. The Dodgers were down by one run in the top of the 9th when this triple play went down, and won in the bottom of the ninth, so this was a huge play.
- This sweet, innocent looking 73-year old granny is actually a “drug kingpin.” Yet another reason never to judge a book by its cover.
- It appears that (allegedly) 12 Secret Service agents dabbled with some Colombian prostitutes prior to Obama’s recent trip to the South American nation. If their hookers are as good as their coffee I can certainly understand the lure, but, come on, Secret Service, your job is to protect the president, not to pay for nookie on the taxpayer’s dime.
- On Friday, at a benefit for Tim Tebow’s charity foundation, an unknown couple bid $100,000 to spend a day with Tebow. I wouldn’t pay a dime to spend any time with anyone, let alone Tim Tebow. This is baffling. The cult following this guy has is just amazing.
- Anders Breivik, the Christian terrorist who killed 77 people in July 2011, said at his hearing that he deserves a medal of honor for the killings and for his efforts to stop multiculturalism in Norway. Breivik plans to use his trial to spread his message to the world. This guy has admitted to the killings from day 1, so why is there going to be a trial? This man is demented and he and his “new Knights Templar” obviously have some perverted idea of what Christianity is supposed to be, which sadly, is the case with a lot of people today.
- Tim Tebow was booed at a New York Yankees game over the weekend. Seems like New York fans are not as enamored with Tebow as the Denver fans were. I never imagined I’d be proud of Yankees fans.
- Jake England and Alvin Watts, the two alleged culprits of the racially motivated shooting of 5 black people in Oklahoma, pleaded not guilty at their arraignment. Of course they did. No one takes responsibility for their actions anymore…
- Here is further proof of how ridiculously superficial we have become as a society: brides that want to lose 10 to 20 pounds to fit into their “dream dress” now have a feeding tube diet that they can use. The K-E Diet provides a “constant slow drip of protein and fat, mixed with water, which contains zero carbohydrates and totals 800 calories a day.”
I have multiple issues with this. First and foremost is how out of hand weddings have become and what lengths people go to have the “perfect wedding.” Seriously, folks. It’s just a day like any other. Why do people spend enough money to buy a house with on a wedding? Your wedding day is supposed to be about you pledging your love and devotion to your spouse, not how fancy it is or how much money you spent on it or how everyone looks. What matters is sharing your vows in front of people you love and letting that special someone know that you will love them for the rest of your life. All that other crap is just that. Crap. You don’t need a fancy dress or tuxedo, or an outlandishly expensive hall or a 4-mile long limo to haul you around town in.Perhaps I’m old school, but it seems like the focus of a wedding has been lost nowadays. Even more so considering that roughly half of all marriages end in divorce.
- Joe Muto, the so-called “Fox Mole” fears his career in television is over. Well, no shit, Sherlock. You stole material from your employer and gave it to a competitor. How could any other network trust you? Idiot.
- Obama promised immigration reform to US Hispanics, but says he can’t do it until his second term. He also says he needs Democratic control of Congress to get his policy through. How convenient. Immigration reform isn’t needed. We have immigration laws. What we don’t have is people enforcing our current laws, which is why so many states passed their own laws to allow their own law enforcement officers to detain illegal immigrants, as state and other local law enforcement officials are not allowed to enforce federal law. Just enforce the laws we already have, it’s as simple as that. Wait, there is one thing. The whole being born in the country automatically making you a citizen thing needs to go. Two illegal immigrants should NOT be able to hop the fence and have a baby and automatically have a US citizen. So that needs to be reformed.
- British Lord Nazir Ahmed (who?) is a little peeved that the US has put a $10 million bounty on terrorist leader Hafiz Saeed, and has put a $16 million bounty on President Obama and former president George “Dubbya” Bush. American citizens shrugged at the mention of a bounty on Bush. Just kidding. Or am I….
First things first. This guy is a member of the British Parliament. I think he needs to be fired from that particular position as it seems he’s kind of an idiot. Secondly, Nazir is of Pakistani descent, which in of itself is not a problem, but it’s apparently enough to lead him to sympathize with a known terrorist. His associations are obviously suspect. Nazir said the bounty on Saeed was a grave insult to all Muslims. How, exactly? Are all Muslims terrorists? No, they are not, but Saeed is. I don’t know how one goes about becoming a Lord in Britain, but perhaps that should be looked at, too. And if Pakistan is so great, why’s this dude living in Britain?
- A group of former child stars got together and made a video lambasting Kirk Cameron for telling Piers Morgan last month that homosexuals were “a detriment to society.” Good for them. Cameron is just one of a plethora of religious blowhards spreading hate.
- Yahoo’s Mark Whittington, who I believe I have criticized before, jumps to the defense of conservative women Sarah Palin and Ann Romney against the likes of Bill Maher. While I agree that Maher is just as vitriolic as Rush Limbaugh, Whittington’s defense of these women is profoundly idiotic. He contends that because these women are happy that it displeases those on the left. He even goes so far as to say that those on the left prefer their women to be unhappy and that they have to work all day all the while being unappreciated by their husbands, who likely have a mistress. Then, he says, they can at least be comforted by the fact that whatever their husbands don’t provide, the government will. Like free birth control. He THEN goes on to say that “They do not know their place, which is to be the chattel of the government. That such women are strong and independent is threatening, not just to their manhood, but to their vision of a big, beneficent government. ”
Let’s tear this shit up piece by piece, shall we? First, yes, I’m sure Palin and Romney are extremely happy women. They’re rich. They don’t face the same financial woes that us “little” people face. Secondly, I doubt anyone on the left cares whether or not Palin and/or Romney are happy, sad, or indifferent. They’re too busy defending themselves from the religious onslaught from the right. As to his contention that men on the left prefer their women to be unhappy….what man in his right mind (conservative or liberal) would want his woman unhappy? That’s the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard. How’s the saying go? If mommy’s not happy then no one is? And it’s the damned truth. Nobody wants an unhappy woman in their house. Next, he says that all men on the left likely have a mistress, which is likely a veiled shot at Bill Clinton and John Edwards. Yeah, sure, only democrats cheat on their wives. Does the name Arnold Schwarzenegger ring a bell?. How about Mark Sanford? Only men on the left are threatened by strong and independent women? In my experience, most men are threatened by independent women, but more so on the right than left. Wasn’t it just last week that Pat Roberts told his listeners that men are the lords of their houses and basically that women are subservient to men? I doubt you’ll find Roberts anywhere NEAR the left, Mark. Idiot.
- Here’s an interesting look at atheism and it’s rise in the US.
- “Destination Star Trek London” earlier today announced that all five captains from all five Star Trek shows would be attending their eventin London this coming October. That weird sound you just heard is every Trekkie in the world having a nerdgasm.