- North Korea has issued a very specific threat to South Korea: we will “reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.” WTF? Why? What provocation do they have? Why does this country insist on being so belligerent? Can’t we all just get along?
- According to this article, half of all college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. College is currently the biggest scam going right now. They encourage students to pursue degrees that have no practical use while charging tens of thousands of dollars per year to attain these useless degrees. Then, the students are left with no employment prospects after graduation and huge loans to pay off. Plus, federal bankruptcy protection does not protect you from student loans so there’s no relief from this debt. Sadly, I’ve heard little talk about this issue during all of the political debates recently. It’s something that needs to be addressed.
- Sanford, FL Police Chief Bill Lee attempted to tender his resignation, but city council voted to reject it. Lee was widely criticized for failing to arrest George Martin the night he shot and killed Trayvon Martin and voluntarily stepped aside recently because he deemed himself a distraction to the investigation due to the publicity of the case by the national media. I can’t help wondering here: who on earth can an employer refuse to let you quit?
- Well, here’s a candidate for teacher of the year. Manuael Ernest Dillow, a welding teacher at a vocational school in Virginia, asked his students to form a single line. Once they had done so, he whipped out a gun and fired several blank rounds at them. He has obviously been removed from the school and is being charged with multiple felonies. Dillow’s reasoning for this idiotic display has not yet been released.
What was this supposed to accomplish? No matter what point he was trying to drive home, how on earth would this have help? How is scaring the shit out of your students good for them? What a tool.
- Here’s a politician in the making. Angie Gomez told all of her high school friends that she had leukemia and she only had six months to live. She set up her own foundation, “Achieve the Dream Foundation,” and raised $17,000 for it. Her high school even had another prom in her honor as she was too “sick” to attend the regular prom. She has been found out, though. She doesn’t have cancer and has been arrested. Her lawyer defends her actions by saying the money was actually going to be used for good causes and that Gomez did have multiple health issues as a child. How nice for her. That doesn’t excuse duping people into donating their hard-earned money to a charity set up under a disreputable guise. If she was only interested in raising money to help others, why did she let the school throw another prom for her? If she wanted to help others who are less fortunate, why not just say that? Does she believe people are so callous that they would only help if she was dying? This little girl needs to go away for a little while and do some time. There’s no place for behavior like this anywhere, let alone in this country.
- Daniela Palaez, an 18-year old valedictorian, is facing deportation because she’s in the country illegally and is upset that the DREAM Act doesn’t provide a path to citizenship. While I agree that our path to citizenship isn’t easy and could stand to be made easier, that doesn’t excuse breaking our laws and entering or staying in the country illegally. Quite frankly, I don’t believe any law should provide illegal immigrants a chance for citizenship as you’ve already shown you’re willing to break our laws. We already have enough criminals in this country, thank you.
- Wal-Mart has bribed its way into Mexico, a report alleges. Is anyone really surprised here? While we would love for our businesses to act ethically they never do. Sadly, this is not shocking to me, nor to anyone else, I suspect.
- Matt Owens, a white guy, was assaulted and beaten nearly to death after getting on some kids for blocking the street while playing basketball the other day. A group of 20 blacks beat him with pipes, bricks, and paint cans. He is now in critical condition. A witness said that after the beating, one of the men claimed, “Now that’s justice for Trayvon.”
Really? Did Matt Owens kill Trayvon? No he didn’t. This makes me sick. These idiots undoubtedly think they did something worthy and something to be proud of but all they really did is show that they are the same monsters they think George Zimmerman is. This idiocy needs to stop. Events like these do nothing to ease racial tensions.
Also, I’d like to see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out and condemn these attacks, but I won’t hold my breath.
- I’m slightly disturbed by this one. According to this article, sex-for-hire robots will be all the rage in 2050. The research cites among the reasons why this is a good thing things such as human trafficking, STD’s, and guilt-free sex so people don’t have to lie to their spouses. While the reduction in human trafficking and STD’s are noble goals, I can’t believe that people would be willing to bang a robot, especially one that has already been around the block. Also, I don’t buy the guilt-free thing. Unless your spouse is not capable of having sex, why wouldn’t you be having sex with him or her?
- A Chinese company has name a new line of sunglasses after Helen Keller. Classy. That would be just like naming a new line of earrings after Vincent Van Gogh.
- Wow. Mommy Porn? Porn made for women by women? Mommy porn apparently is a mix between a romance movie and soft porn. And women apparently love it. I’m actually speechless.
- The Heart Attack Grill strikes again. This time a woman had a heart attack while
attackingeating a Double Bypass burger. In his restaurant’s defense, however, the owner claimed that she was also smoking and drinking a margarita. Right. Why do people eat at this place?
- Here is yet another reason not to do anything when doing anything with your cell phone. Watch and learn.