We have been nominated for another award courtesy of Dabutcha. Dabutcha, or Rob as he is called in real life, is a talented writer who I have nominated for multiple awards. His posts are witty, funny, and always entertaining.
The best thing about Rob, however, is that he thinks we’re deserving of this award. Either that or we were one of only 7 blogs he knows about. We’ll take it either way.
As with all awards, there is homework. I must:
- Name seven things about myself
- Nominate seven other blogs for this award
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep coming up with things about myself that I haven’t said before, but I’ll try nonetheless. Here goes:
- I have never smoked any form of cigarette (tobacco, marijuana, etc).
- I absolutely love Mad Libs.
- When I was in second grade, the tip of my left ring finger was cut off in a freak toy box accident.
- Lazy people piss me off.
- The doctor who delivered me also delivered my mom 27 years earlier. Rock on, Dr. Eno.
- I am extremely sarcastic and will use sarcasm in almost any situation.
- During my senior year in high school we were so broke that my mother, Revis, and I subsisted on leftover food from the restaurants Revis and I worked for. All three meals consisted of pizza and KFC. All day every day. And you know what? I wouldn’t trade those days for anything.
And now its time for…
Hey! Fuck off, Kanye! GTFO! Even the President thinks you’re a jackass.
Anyhow, now it’s time for my seven nominees. I’m going to try to nominate people I haven’t nominated before. We’ll see how that goes.
- Karen of The Chronicles of a Skinny Jeans Wearing Toronto Girl is a hilarious blogger who posts sporadically (ha!) about things such as The Friend Zone, weird news stories, and her unhealthy obsession with Ryan Gosling.
- Kimberliah of, um, Kimberliah, blogs about her life without sanity as she attempts to raise her kids. Also, she finally got an iPhone. Hipster…
- Speaker7 is a blog I just recently started following. The hysterical satire that flows from her fingertips is, uh, hysterical. So go check it out. And laugh, or something.
- Me 2.0 is written by Mikalee Byerman and is about her life after divorce and dealing with the children involved in that divorce. Mikalee probably won’t care about this nomination seeing as how she’s a published writer, but I don’t care. Her blog is hilarious and everyone should go read it…after you read mine, of course. Don’t neglect mine to see hers even though hers is much better.
- Ranting and Raising Concerns is a blog mostly composed of things that piss the authors off. I can get behind this because, hey, there’s a lot of stupidity out there. I like ranting on my blog, but I don’t do it nearly as well as these two ladies do.
- The Official Matt Roberts is a blog of a buddy of mine that is really more or less an official page to document his journey to becoming a published author, which, technically, he now is. He just released two eBooks exclusively on Amazon last week and is working on a print release of one of them. Please check out the short stories on his page and if you like them, buy his books. He is, in my opinion, a great story teller. And I’m not just saying that just because he’s my friend. I really enjoyed, his first book, Hand One is Dealt, and I bet you will, too.
- Lastly, I nominate my brother, RevisEdgewater. Even though he’s a contributing author here, he does loosely maintain his own blog. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for him and unfortunately for those who would like him to write more), he’s not posting much these days because he’s expecting to be a daddy within the next month or so. Revis is a fabulous writer. I actually wish I could write as well as he does. He’s a very talented poet, and if he okays it, I would post some of his poetry here that I have saved on my computer.
So there you have it. I have completed my homework and successfully turned it in without the dog eating it, but that’s only because she’s hiding in the basement from the thunderstorm rolling through here right now.
Thanks again to Rob, for the nomination, and to all of our wonderful readers for, you know, reading.
- Kreativ Blogger Nomination (mylifeofcards.wordpress.com)
- I have been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award! (dreamlovebelieve.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (sylverblaque.wordpress.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (preacherswifeintheknow.wordpress.com)