Last summer, we learned that Kool-Aid could be, and was, deep-fried. So now that summer is upon us, what crazy things will you find fried at this year’s state and county fairs?
The usual suspects will all be accounted for. Twinkies, Oreos, Pepsi, Kool-Aid, Snicker bars, and other already fattening foods will be slathered in flour and dropped in a deep-fryer. This year, however, deep-frying has been taken to a new level. It’s outdone itself. It’s badass. It’s part of this incomplete breakfast.
It’s deep-fried cereal.
Yes, you read that correctly. The San Diego County Fair is offering deep-fried Trix and Cinnamon Toast crunch. Awesome.
It’s just not enough that these foods they’re frying are loaded with sugar, but now they’re adding tons of fat to the “nutritional” label. The American Dream. Make sure you’re wearing an extra-large shirt and sweat pants if you head to any fairs this year. You’ll definitely need the room to expand.
- Deep-Fried Breakfast Cereal Debuted at San Diego County Fair (laughingsquid.com)
- Breakfast of Champions: Deep Fried Cereal (and SPAM!) (laist.com)
- Deep-Fried Breakfast? (foxnews.com)
- Fatty Fried Breakfasts – The ‘Deep-Fried Cereal’ Hits a Whole New Level (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Part of This Complete Atherosclerosis: Chicken Charlie’s Deep-Fried Breakfast Cereal [Fair Food] (gawker.com)
- Deep-Fried Breakfast Cereal (neatorama.com)
- Fair Faire: From Deep Fried Cereal to Lobster Tails (redtri.com)
- County fair season arrives with deep-fried cereal (holykaw.alltop.com)