Hypothetical situation. Someone starts pounding on your front door in the middle of the night. They fail to identify themselves. You have a gun in the house. Do you take it with you to see who’s at the door?
Turns out this situation happened the other night. Deputies knocked on the wrong door looking for Jonathan Scott, a murder suspect. They did not announce that they were police, which as far as I know they are required to do. Andrew Scott answered the door with a firearm in his hand ready to defend himself if the need arose and the police opened fire on him, killing him.
As far as I’m concerned, this is gross misconduct on the part of every officer involved in this situation. You can’t just pound on someone’s door in the middle of the night and not identify yourself. Hell, you don’t do that at any time.
To top it all off, during the video a police spokesman says, “It’s a bizarre set of circumstances but the bottom line is if you point a gun a deputy sheriff or police officer you’re gonna get shot.”
A bizarre set of circumstances? Riddle me this, douche. How was he supposed to know it was police officers on the other side of the door if they never told him? For all he knew there were criminals with malice aforethought on the other side of the door and he was taking the precautions he deemed necessary to defend himself and his home.
Furthermore, this “bizarre set of circumstances” was propagated by the deputies involved in the shooting by NOT identifying themselves as law enforcement.
The officers responsible for the shooting have been placed on administrative leave. That’s far too kind a punishment for what they’ve done. At the very least they should be charged with involuntary manslaughter as the entire situation devolved because of their negligence.
- Deputies Knock on Wrong Door At 1:30AM At Night, Shoot & Kill Man Who Answers With Gun (informationliberation.com)
- Deputies Knock On Wrong Door At 1:30AM At Night, Shoot & Kill Man Who Answers With Gun (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Deputies Knock On Wrong Door At 1:30AM At Night, Shoot & Kill Man Who Answers With Gun (Video) (americafirstsite.com)
- Deputies Knock On Wrong Door At 1:30AM, Shoot & Kill Man Who Answers With Gun (blacklistednews.com)
- Florida Police Knock on Wrong Door at 1:30 a.m. Without Identifying Themselves, Then Fatally Shoot Armed Resident (reason.com)
- Cops Knock On Wrong Door At 1:30AM, Shoot & Kill Man Who Answers With Gun (worldordernews.com)
- Florida Man Shot Dead By Cops For Answering Door Armed (personalliberty.com)
- Man shot, killed by deputies (clickorlando.com)
- Florida cops kill innocent man at his own home (rt.com)