I’ve taken a break from the Daily Prompts for a few days because, honestly, I’ve been in a bit of a funk and haven’t been inspired by them. Although Sunday’s was interesting and I may go back and do it. I just didn’t have a chance to do any blogging on Sunday. I feel especially bad for not doing it since I found out that my buddy Melanie suggested the topic. Shame on me. Bad form.
*sighs* Moving on…
I don’t know if there is such a thing as “happily ever after.” There’s always something. Some drama. Something to detract from happiness. A death. A separation. A divorce. A lost friend. Finding out your life has been a sham. Life is always throwing curves and handing out lemons. Why can’t life ever throw a nice, easy to hit fastball? Why can’t it hand you the lemonade, already made? Why is nothing ever fucking easy?
I am most definitely NOT living happily ever after and at this moment I have no idea how to get there. There are certain things I know I want. I want to be able to continue to provide for my children. I want stability in my life. After six months of raging turbulence I can’t really take much more. I need to settle down and focus on me and my children. I need to get back to enjoying my hobbies and doing things that make me happy instead of trying to please someone who will never, ever be pleased. I need to find a way to spend more time with the twins. They sometimes feel like strangers to me because of our current living arrangements and I, quite frankly, am pissed at myself because of that now.
I will be rectifying some of that very soon and will be spending more time with them. I’ll need to figure out the rest by trial and error.
I also need to figure out how to make myself happy. For my own sake. For the sake of my children. For the sake of my writing. I’ve written a lot of depressing shit lately and it’s kinda irritating me, but that’s how I feel right now.
Before I end this not so Unshitty™ post (which I guess would make it shitty), I’d just like to tell life to fuck off.
Other great Daily Prompt posts
- Where’s your ambition? | Right Down My Alley
- Ilya Fostiy. Prophetic Dream | Philosophy & Photography
- Yes I am… Maybe. «Natalie Elizabeth Beech Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Prompt: Happily Ever After | Loading…
- Daily Post: Happily Ever After | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- On Happy Endings | Never Stationary
- The cake is a lie | The Nameless One
- Ones upon a time. | ayimas
- Right now… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Fairytales | Spunky Wayfarer
- Fairy Tales | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Promp: Happily Ever After | LooknWalk