Could it be? Three? Three days in a row? Third times the charm? All good things come in threes? Three musketeers? I’m totally out of things to say now involving the number three. So I guess we’ll move on from that. Pity. I was having fun with that.
So today’s prompt seeks to drive a wedge between friends and loved ones. It pits friend against friend, sibling against sibling, father against mother, and dogs against cats (yes, pets are people, too).
There is no way in hell I could narrow this down to one person. You’re asking me, first of all, to choose one from amongst my three children who is the most important? And if I didn’t have children I’d then have to choose one from amongst my family? To choose between my mother, father, and my two brothers? What kind of divisive tactic is this? Luckily, only one family member (that I know of) reads this blog so I’ll choose him.
Ha! Just kidding. I’m not playing by the rules. Never have never will. There are many important people in my life but none of them are more important than my children. Absolutely NONE. My three boys are what keep me going. They’re the reason I get up and go to work in the morning. They’re the reason my heart is so full of love. They are the source of much of my happiness. They’re my reason for being.
Of course, they’re also the reason that gray has a foothold at the edge of my scalp and is peppered throughout my goatee. They are the reason I’m up late at night. They are the reason I’m broke. They are the reason my house is a mess. They are the reason I stress out sometimes. They are the reason I drink. Sometimes. Nah, just kidding. I don’t drink because of them. All the time, anyway.
Seriously, though, they ARE my reason. They are what keeps me going. They fill my heart with love and in turn make my life worth living. What would my life be without them, you ask? Oh, that’s not what you asked. How would my day-to-day existence be different without them, you ask? Well, I’d get more sleep. I’d have more money. I’d have a cleaner house. I could go out more often.
On the flip side of that, though, I’d be miserable probably. I’d miss seeing them. Miss playing with them. Miss watching them grow up and reach milestones. Miss teaching them. Miss how they make me laugh. Miss the unconditional love. One of the things people tout about pets is unconditional love. Well, I can’t speak for anyone else’s children, but my children love me unconditionally and I can’t tell you just how effin’ awesome that is. They love me no matter what I do. And I them. It’s a great feeling and having experienced it I don’t know how I could ever live without it.
So my life would absolutely suck without them. What a horrible thought to even entertain. As a part-time parent I do sometimes enjoy the moments I have to myself to get things done I couldn’t otherwise get done were they here, but if I had my way they’d never leave and if things didn’t get done then so be it. I’ve had split custody of the twins for six years now and I still hate it. I hate taking them back to their mother. Call me selfish, but I that’s just how I feel. I’d rather them be here. Even if all they’re doing is playing Xbox. At least I’d have the comfort of being able to walk upstairs and see them and talk to them if I wanted to. And I hate that I’m now being forced to do the same with Baby C. Being a half-time parent for him means I’m going to miss some of his firsts. He’s still learning things at an astronomical rate and I’m going to miss some of those things. It’s inevitable.
Geezus, this topic turned depressing. Thanks, Michelle. Ugh.
Well, I’ve been tortured and you know what that means, right? Yup. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION TIME! Woohoo!! That means the buck has been passed to YOU, dear reader. Who’s is the most important person in YOUR life? No cheating even though I did. I know where you live.
Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts
- VIP – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Post: VIP | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Fiery. | Share, My Dad Says.
- The V.I.P. Motel | The Chatter Blog
- Daily Prompt: VIP « Mama Bear Musings
- Very Important Primates | Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Little Constants in My Life | Daily Prompt: VIP | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: VIP | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- “Zenit” camera. First model, 1952. Seven images | Philosophy & Photography
- Without Them – Me Wouldn’t Be I | The Jittery Goat
- What makes one a VIP? | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Moving Notion
- Daily Prompt: VIP My Husband | Lines by Linda
- I was Conned | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Daily Prompt: VIP | My Atheist Blog
- After I Started Across the Street and Before My Head Was Smashed | This Is My Corn
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Phillip McCollum
- Love of My Life,Don’t Leave Me…… | Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- You is Important | Ald+R
- Father Figure | calliopes lyre
- VIP: My Very Important Person(s) | thelissachronicles
- With every breath… | sat n’ all that
- MY VIP : Daily Prompt: VIP | Kaleidoscopic World in Words